Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School Shopping at Home

In just a few short weeks all three of my little chicks will be starting school. As excited as I am to have a few hours to myself each morning I am a little overwhelmed at the thought of buying new clothes for three girls. Money is tight this year and those receipts can really pile up when back to school shopping.
School supplies are a must so we bought those first. I was able to cross of everything on our lists for all three girls for about $60. I think that's pretty darn good. Thank goodness Wal-Marche has such good prices.
As a kid I was pretty spoiled when it came to back to school shopping. My parents were divorced so I had two different households buying my clothes. It was great for me at the time but has set the standard high in my mind. Then I think "Wait, they had a total of four incomes between the two households, and I was one child!" In our house we have one real income and three chicks to dress.
So here is what we did Sunday afternoon. I put in the Hannah Montana Season 3 cd, turned it up loud and had my girls model every. single. thing. in their dressers and closets. All three girls pulled out clothes they had completely forgotten about. They were so excited to find these old favorites it was just like getting something new. I also kept track of everything they tried on. I tallied up jeans, comfy pants, leggings, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, sweaters, skirts, dresses, everything! So now I know what we absolutely NEED for the first day of school and what can wait until late September or October.
I feel SO much better after going through this process. I'm not overwhelmed by the thought of filling three dressers and closest with whole new wardrobes. What a relief!!
I hope maybe this has helped you relieve some of the back to school pressure!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment