Friday, April 23, 2010

Scripture in Dollar Tree Frame

Last week I showed you the Dollar Tree frame I spray painted for our master bathroom. Inside that frame is scripture to help you have a "positive argument" with your spouse. I thought I'd share with you the verses I read each day when brushing my teeth and getting ready for the day. They are nice little reminders of what's important.
  • Listen more than you talk.
James 1:19 Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life God deserves.
  • Remain calm; keep your voice down
Proverbs 5:1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight.
  • Keep current; leave old issues behind.
Phil 3:13 Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.
  • Be ready and willing to ask for forgiveness or offer it.
Col 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
  • Guard your tongue from saying something you will regret later.
James 3:10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. This shouldn't be.
  • Pray together.
1 Thess 5:17 Pray continually.


I hope these little bits of wisdom can help you through your day. Have a great Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment