Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day

Today is Earth Day, I know this because my six year old has been preparing me for about two weeks now. I think Earth Day is a great reminder that we need to take care of our planet. It's the only one we have. I am big on recycling, we recycle magazines, catalogs, newspaper, cardboard, plastic, glass, everything we can think of. There's even a picture floating around of me digging through the garbage at a MOPS event, we made about twelve pans of enchiladas and people were just throwing the cans in the garbage. Hello!?!? Why not recycle them? So I dug them out, put them in some grocery bags & took them home to my personal blue bin.
I spent some time in the last couple of days doing a little eco friendly research. Here is what I found.
Reusable grocery bags. They're inexpensive, much more sturdy than plastic bags and you can find some cute one's at Ross, Michael's or Kohl's.
The brainiac's over at NASA say the bamboo palm is one of the best plants to give your home fresh air.
These are from HGTV's 2009 Green Home. The table is in the entry way and I absolutely adore this old world style faucet by Kohler used in the master bathroom. This is one of my favorite eco-friendly pictures, because these are veggies grown in my friends garden.
Organic and delicious!



And lastly my favorite eco friendly cleaners. Melaleuca. I love this company.
Their cleaning products, vitamins, toothpaste, lotion, etc.. Love them!
I hope you find a way to make our planet just a little more green this Earth Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment