Friday, September 24, 2010

Faux Autumn Branches

I just love these warm days and cool nights. The changing leaves are incredible! Don't you agree? I wanted to bring a little of those brilliant colors in to my home but wasn't too cool with the idea of whatever creepy crawly creatures might be on those leaves.
When my brother-in-law was trimming up a tree in their back yard my sister asked if I wanted any of the branches. Yes please! So I loaded up the back of my van with branches. I was able to store them in the garage, out of the way, I don't think Tall Man even noticed they were there until I got them in the house. Score for me!
I cleaned up the branches, plugged in my glue gun and pulled out some leaves I bought at Michael's last year. I sprayed them with gold glitter spray paint. Now they sparkle and sparkle makes everything better. I took the branches and arranged them in my Book Page and spray painted bottles. For where I wanted these bottles in my house the branches had to be arranged just right, so they don't poke someones eyes out.
Once the branches were the way I wanted them I started hot gluing the leaves on. I used a few larger leaves and some smaller ones. I didn't want to over do it so I didn't put a leaf on every branch. I really like how they turned out. What do you think?
Autumn Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment