Monday, April 18, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Eggs

I think it's pretty safe to say we've all seen these beautiful eggs at Pottery Barn.
If you hadn't before, you have now. I saw these eggs at Pottery Barn when the Tall Man and I were out for our anniversary. I knew immediately I could make them myself. I was really excited because I hadn't seen them in blog world yet, I could possibly be one of the first! Yay!
Then a week passed and I didn't have our spring decorations down from the rafters in the garage. Then another week passed and it was so wet and cold there was no way I could spray paint the eggs. By this time I had seen a few other bloggers making their own version of PB's Easter eggs. I decided I was going to finish my eggs anyway and post about them.
I put a bunch of plastic eggs into a box where they were almost touching {this way the spray paint won't blow the eggs around.} I used Krylon's Fusion for Plastic in Textured Shimmer White Sands. I had to spray one side, let it dry, move the eggs around, spray another side, let it dry. I did that until I had completed three thin layers of paint.
Next I used my Cricut to cut out the word SPRING. I have an envelope full of extra letters from my Cricut, I put my cut out letters in the envelope. For this project I needed the background/frame paper. I used it as a stencil. With a little black acrylic paint and a foam brush I used my stencil to apply one letter to each egg.
If I try this again I will use a round paint brush, I think it would deliver a cleaner letter. My P and G got a little sloppy. I nestled the eggs in a white tray with some Spanish Moss, vanilla candles and little yellow flowers left over from my Spring Wreath.
Here they are as the centerpiece on my dining room table.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Love the eggs! I particulary like the hand painted quality to the lettering. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete