Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Frames

It seems I make a frame for someone every season/holiday. Christmas is no different. I whipped up some Christmas frames for my little chicks teachers. I've said it before and I'll say it again... these frames are SO easy! And quick to make.
I seriously put these together in about thirty minutes right before I had to leave for work on the night before the girls Christmas parties.
Here is what I used:
  • wooden frame from Michael's ($1)
  • Christmas scrapbook paper
  • craft paint
  • Mod Podge
  • sand sponge
  • letters & shapes from Cricut
I painted the edges of the frames red and white, including the inside of the frame opening. Use a little Mod Podge to apply scrapbook paper. Once the Mod Podge dried I used my sand sponge to smooth the edges. I applied the letters and shapes with another thin layer of Mod Podge and of course put one more thin layer on top of the whole thing.
For this frame I put a little extra bling on it. I applied rhinestone stickers to the little swirls on peace. I also brushed on extra Mod Podge on the inside of the frame opening and sprinkled it with white glitter.
Hope you like!

Blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! What cartridge did you use for the Merry Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue~ I used the Joys of the Season cartridge!
    Amy~ Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bling really adds a perfect finishing touch. I'm sure the teachers are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete