Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Neighbor

My neighbors birthday was a couple weeks ago and I wanted to put a little something together for her. I didn't have a lot of time or money at the moment but I wanted her to know I was thinking of her. So I took my 40% off coupon to Michael's and picked up a letter "S" for her last name, along with a bunch of foam brushes and one 2 inch paint brush for her to use with her own little can of polycrylic. She was using a brush with "good cook" on the handle.I have a thing for jars so we have quite a few on hand at my house, I prefer jars over vases, any day. I grabbed a small jar and filled it with a bouquet of brushes, tied a ribbon around for a little something pretty, and painted the once white S with a satin black spray paint. Obviously this is one of those "practical not pretty" kind of gifts but my neighbor loved it all the same. Thank goodness she's a "it's the thought that counts" kind of neighbor. Maybe you could fancy this one up a bit and give your neighbor a bouquet of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment