Monday, January 17, 2011

Laundry Room Hook-Up

Let me start by saying "That's not what I meant, you dirty bird!" Hee hee!
You may remember in July my Tall Man was helping me with a laundry room project and ended up hurt. Believe it or not he hasn't sworn off these projects! He actually helped me with another one just before Christmas.
He measured our little laundry room and cut a 1x4 to fit along the wall behind the doors that go into our garage and kitchen. Then he hung the 1x4 right where my two greens meet up. I gave it a couple coats of paint, the same color as the trim throughout our house. It's just barely off white. After the paint dried, my Tall Man helped again by not laughing at me when I measured wrong when planning for the hooks. This was a big help, believe me. After I realized I was measuring wrong, we remeasured and made a few pencil marks for five hooks to go. Then we just screwed in a brushed nickel hook from WalMart for each member of our family.
Here it is!
And here it is being used!
I love it! Now when my little chicks come in from the snow they can take off their wet clothes in the laundry room and hang them on a hook. Wet clothes used to sit in a heap on the carpet in our living room. Hanging clothes in the laundry room above the linoleum floor makes SO much more sense. Plus I can go in and pop the clothes in the dryer to dry them thoroughly and warm them up in the morning before school. They love it when I do that.
I'll show you the rest of the progress in our laundry room in a couple days. Promise.

Blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, so simple to do, but it works so well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamara, your title is so funny! I love the new hooks. I also really like the wall color. So glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, but so perfect. I need hooks in my laundry room, too. I love the wall colors. Do you remember which paint you used?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies! The super simple yet SO useful projects are my favorites!!
    laxsupermom, The darker green on the bottom is Dutch Boy's Bay Green and the lighter color is just tinted 60% lighter.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete