Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cowboy Cookies

When I started My Northwest Nest I thought I'd be sharing crafts, DIY, recipes, books, etc. with all of you. And I'm pretty sure I've shared only a couple yummy summer drinks with you. I know why I haven't shared more recipes, it's because what has been made that I want to share gets eaten so fast. As I clear the table I say to myself "Poop! I forgot to take a picture again. Dang it."
As I was baking cookies the other day I remembered to take pictures and now I get to share. Yay! I made Cowboy Cookies. Have you ever had them? I had never heard of them but man they were so good! You can put a little bit of everything in them if you want. I got the recipe I used from Delicious Dixie. Here is a sneak peak of the cookie dough, good luck getting it all into the oven with sneaking like five spoonfuls. It is SO good.

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened

1 1/2 cups sugar1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups chocolate chips
3 cups oats
2 cups flaked coconut
2 cups chopped pecans (optional, but you REALLY REALLY want to add them!)

In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans. If you haven't already eaten all of the cookie dough, form 2" balls and place onto a greased baking sheet (or sheet with parchment paper...easier clean-up!). Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

I chose not to put the chopped pecans in my cookies because each of my little chicks share a class room with a child who has a nut allergy. I do not want to be responsible for any allergic reaction. I've also heard some people put raisins in the dough. The recipe makes about six dozen cookies so you have plenty to share, freeze or keep all to yourself. Your pick.

Blessings.

Linking to: House of Hepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment