Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Front Porch Crate

The 4th of July is coming up quickly so my family decided to display a little patriotism on our front porch. I had everything we needed on hand, so this project was easy to do on a whim. I've had a plain crate on my front porch since fall (you know, the ones from Michael's.) As soon as the crate came home I put some potted plants on top and called it good. I decided for Independence Day I'd turn the crate around and paint a flag.
I spray painted the back of the crate with Dove White and let it dry for about ten minutes. Next I took some Midnight blue and Christmas Red acrylic paint and painted some stripes and made room for stars. Once that dried I used white acrylic paint and a small foam brush to paint stars.
I really like the way it turned out, not perfect by any means, just kind of worn and weathered... perfect in my book. =o)
Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I saw your blog on JAG's site, I love this idea! I would love to do something like this for my front porch. Your's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really like it and I figure in the fall I can still turn the crate around and fill her up w/ all sorts of fall fun! =o)

    ReplyDelete