Monday, June 14, 2010

2x4 Picture Holder

I've been working to get Father's Day gifts put together and have them ready to share before the day is actually here. If you haven't been over to How Does She? you MUST go check them out. These ladies are uber talented and pull off some pretty amazing things with a simple 2x4. For this picture holder I used their 2x4 idea and put my own spin on it.
Here is what I used:
  • 2x4 (8 ft long, on sale for about $2)
  • scrapbook paper (already had)
  • sand sponge (already had)
  • Mod Podge (already had)
  • ink pad (already had)
  • acrylic paint & sponge brushes (already had)
  • wire (picked up a big spool of it for about $7 at Lowe's)
First I had the Tall Man cut the board down for me (in a 'no questions asked' manner, of course.) These are 12 inches long. I sanded the edges so they were soft and had a bit of a warn look. Next I painted the back and ends of the 2x4, so it looked like th
is. This picture was taken after it was all put together. :-S
Next I cut my scrapbook paper to size and applied with Mod Podge. I used my Cricut to cut "LOVE YOU" and put those on with Mod Podge as well. Once all the paper was on and the Mod Podge was dry I drilled three holes in the top, the same size as the wire I used. To make the wire into a picture holder I wrapped it around a pair of needle nose pliers, like so.
My last steps were putting just a dot of hot glue on the holes and inserting the wire and adding a little paint to the edges for a more finished look.
Here's the finished product!

Blessings.


HookingupwithHoH
Punkin Seed Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment